- The prayers were stunning in their portrayal of God's holiness and the egregiousness of our sin (an English translation was provided) - definitely not of the 'Jesus is my best buddy' variety
- There was a line for confession during Mass. I think the priest stopped hearing confessions right before the Eucharist
- We received the Eucharist on the tongue while kneeling
- Almost all the women wore chapel veils
- No 'passing of the peace'
- Choir was men only
- Less music
- Less scripture read
Monday, December 8, 2008
Going to Latin Mass
I got to smell some incense on Sunday- we went to our first Latin Mass. I'd have to go several more times to begin to feel like I'm picking it up and to unpack my impressions, but here's what I noticed was different. I'd also like to know why these things are not done anymore...